We know how important good gut bacteria are for our overall immunity and brain function. Here's a super easy and cheap recipe for tasty water kefir!
- Water kefir grains (i originally got mine from happy kombucha and have been using the same ones for well over a year and shared and shared as they grow!!)
- Pukka Blackcurrant Beauty teabags x 2 or 3
- 1 litre of boiled water to make brew the tea
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Brew the 2 or 3 teabags in the litre of boiling water
- Leave to cool
- Remove teabags
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons of sugar (all this is used up by the grains! It's their 'food')
- Add your grains
- Cover and leave for 24-48 hours.
- Strain (using a plastic sieve) and refrigerate in a glass jar
You can keep grains in the fridge in some mineral water with some sugar to rest or just repeat the process straight away!